Welcome to Underbelly Australia Life

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Afterglow

Aussie's Twitch Stream   28/10/16

Watch Aussie work on the Australia Map  https://www.twitch.tv/ausisland
    • Shibby

Server Rule Changes   04/01/17

A few rules have changed/amended, please look at the amendments list and get familiar with the new changes, Cheers   http://underbellyarma.com/index.php?/topic/1360-amendments-list/#comment-7506  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brodie

Tanoa DLC No Longer Required for Map Update

20 posts in this topic

So after a careful analysis of the potential complications that may occur if we do decide to follow with the new map, we have decided that we will keep the map as it currently is so the Tanoa DLC will not be required.

We still do have plans on possibly using a newer version of the map that does not require the Tanoa DLC, this map will pretty much be the map we wanted to implement but without all the Tanoa buildings and stuff. However, we may not be able to merge all the fixes onto the new map without all the DLC items which is why we cannot promise an updated version of the map.

On behalf of the Underbelly Staff Team, I would like to apologise if we have troubled anyone, our intentions were to make the server more enjoyable but how could it be more enjoyable if it would cost us a lot of players. If there are any questions you guys would like to ask, come talk to us on Teamspeak.

Thanks, guys.

so no new map........................................................................

I do think that more DLC items need to be added to donator or other shope etc. vehicles/weapons/cosmetic

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, BartAllen said:

so no new map........................................................................

I do think that more DLC items need to be added to donator or other shope etc. vehicles/weapons/cosmetic

Have another read.

yeah a newer version of the map but will it include everything we have been shown was going to be put in

The stuff you have seen so far such as the penthouses, bunnings, artgal and custom buildings will all still be there. Only the Tanoa buildings (which i dont think anyone has seen in the newest version) and stuff wont be there. But this is if we can update the map without the dlc.

hey @Brodie

whats the ETA regarding this?

my issue is the Frames in towns.. will there be a fix to this?

i believe that is the main reason why we have issues gaining players at times

4 hours ago, Alec7565 said:

hey @Brodie

As far as I know there is no exact date for when we can expect an update. Like I said, we still have plans on an updated map but we have to see if it is possible to merge all the fixes to the new map without all the dlc content. But if all goes well, it really shouldn't be that far away. I will keep you guys updated if I find out more information.

I'm hoping if you include dlc items my fav Y-32 X'ian and type 115 rifle get added. some more variety would be cool too

7 hours ago, Alec7565 said:

hey @Brodie

Frames in towns is always going to be tough, though they have improved in the update I currently have... but they will never be 50 FPS in a city.  Thats got more to do with Arma's  crappy engine 

Will this delay the release of the map which will also delay the release of the update for cops etc.? I personally think releasing everything at once causes more problems than solutions. If something does go wrong and there are bugs within the update, it can be hard to find and also fix. Also if it does delay the update of the map, would you consider releasing the update for cops etc. early?.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Afterglow said:

Frames in towns is always going to be tough, though they have improved in the update I currently have... but they will never be 50 FPS in a city.  Thats got more to do with Arma's  crappy engine 

What if Aussie just removed the whole map except for Queensland? Where most are anyway

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, BartAllen said:

What if Aussie just removed the whole map except for Queensland? Where most are anyway

Then the cops will probably delete System 32 imo

4 hours ago, Karma199 said:

Hey @Brodie if we have any ideas for the server can i let you know

Of course man, you can either PM through the forums or on TS and I will get Afterglow and Frez' opinions.

30 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Then the cops will probably delete System 32 imo

You can't act like civs aren't just as bad tho

13 minutes ago, BartAllen said:

You can't act like civs aren't just as bad tho

What I meant was the cops would lose their minds from the amount of chaos that would occur due to the amount of civs constantly baiting each other and cops. Imagine being in a small room with a bunch of trolls, how can you get away from them? If we made it QLD only the cops would not be able to get away from the civs baiting and stuff. Having the whole map allows more breathing room for everyone.

23 hours ago, Afterglow said:

So I am not the only one with shitty frames in town?

5 hours ago, JaredP said:

So I am not the only one with shitty frames in town?

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by "shitty frames". If you mean around 20, and sometimes to 15, it's normal. With the amount of custom buildings you're rendering with the shitty Arma engine, you will get huge frame drops. If you're constantly getting under 20-15 fps, you have issues. You're either running your settings too high, your pc is a potato, your Arma may be broken or something like that. Also if you record, it has a big impact on CPU usage and as Arma wants to load all buildings in the city, your CPU is probably at a high usage (Arma is more CPU intensive than GPU) therefore, your computer is struggling and gets "shitty frames in towns".

Typed this on my phone, please no hate if it doesn't make sense.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Brodie said:

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by "shitty frames". If you mean around 20, and sometimes to 15, it's normal. With the amount of custom buildings you're rendering with the shitty Arma engine, you will get huge frame drops. If you're constantly getting under 20-15 fps, you have issues. You're either running your settings too high, your pc is a potato, your Arma may be broken or something like that. Also if you record, it has a big impact on CPU usage and as Arma wants to load all buildings in the city, your CPU is probably at a high usage (Arma is more CPU intensive than GPU) therefore, your computer is struggling and gets "shitty frames in towns".

Typed this on my phone, please no hate if it doesn't make sense.

Makes sense, I mean I usually hover around 20-25 frames, sometimes dropping to 15.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0