Welcome to Underbelly Australia Life

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Afterglow

Aussie's Twitch Stream   28/10/16

Watch Aussie work on the Australia Map  https://www.twitch.tv/ausisland
    • Shibby

Server Rule Changes   04/01/17

A few rules have changed/amended, please look at the amendments list and get familiar with the new changes, Cheers   http://underbellyarma.com/index.php?/topic/1360-amendments-list/#comment-7506  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Turboman

Radio Freq's

8 posts in this topic

Hey all, 

Just a suggestion after an incident the other night, essentially my suggestion is that it be added to SOP's that once an Officer is taken hostage, that the radio freq be changed immediately to prevent the captors gaining the current AFP radio freq. 

Feel free to comment, I can't stop you. ;) 

I agree. I didnt even think of scrambling the freq when placing the radio in the car last night and when questioned about if it was on freq I replied that it was procedure to change freq in the event of a hostage situation.

Can agree with this one ;), I know i'm not a cop but after literally having the 2 hostage for around 20 minutes i decided to check there radios and to our surprise they werent scrambled at all and when i talked into the radio the cops only had just said that they're changing the frequency :P

Posted (edited)

It does not need to be added to SOPs it is common sense that once a cop is taken hostage that the freq would be compromised. Not everything needs to be added to SOP's not hard for the highest online to just think a little bit about the situation. 

Edited by BartAllen
1 person likes this

I reference a situation the other night... 

Fuzz (Cyber), Whiskey and Myself were taken hostage, the freq was not changed until we were released, to after I told them they needed to change freq as the captors had been listening to them the whole time. 

The 2 ranking officers online apparently never thought about it, and even agreed afterwards that something along these lines should be added to ensure that it is done. 

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Turboman said:

The 2 ranking officers online apparently never thought about it, and even agreed afterwards that something along these lines should be added to ensure that it is done. 

If that is case they should probably review what they are doing because it is such a basic concept. Cops shouldn't just rely on being told how to do every little thing by the SOPs they need to be able to critically think about a situation. If the leaders made a mistake/misjudgement to not change freq and the rebels were able to capitalize it is something they learnt and can fix in the next similar situation

Edited by BartAllen
1 person likes this

I understand, but it doesn't seem to be getting done as much as it should be. Thus why the post, tis only a suggestion, I main goal is to get it into the minds of the AFP at least, just trying to help grow at better ourselves. 

Ok, well in that case, every 30-45 mins the freq is meant to change but if you can't call some one on their radio, the chances are they are hostages or they turned them off which they better not have unless informed. If they do and you are sure of the officer being kidnapped, just change it. It doesn't need to go in the SOP's, it's common sense to change the frequency if you believe the radio has been tapped in by civilians.

2 people like this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0