Welcome to Underbelly Australia Life

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Afterglow

Aussie's Twitch Stream   28/10/16

Watch Aussie work on the Australia Map  https://www.twitch.tv/ausisland
    • Shibby

Server Rule Changes   04/01/17

A few rules have changed/amended, please look at the amendments list and get familiar with the new changes, Cheers   http://underbellyarma.com/index.php?/topic/1360-amendments-list/#comment-7506  
Woody

Civ -> Cop -> Civ -> Cop

10 posts in this topic

So i decided laying in my bed at 4am, Unable to get myself to sleep i would share an opinion with everyone that has made me wonder.

The issue/concern/opinion what ever you take it is is that While Cops are playing as Civ they are not liable to being Punished by the IA department for any ill-doing.

Personally i see this as, how i would subtly put it, Bull ****, Regardless if your are a cop playing as civ or cop playing as cop, You're trolling or rule breaking/offensive actions should be dealt with by Internal Affairs, As when you are on as Cop or Civ you are directly representing the AFP as an entirety, Any actions you take are a direct representation of the AFP, I don't see how this is allowed to take place as at the end of the day the AFP will take notice of your actions and so will the Civilians/EMS.

I understand Internal Affairs is not an easy Job, I've talked personally to Cain and Aza it isnt 'Fun' or 'Cool', It's time intensive and punishing fellow AFP members and friends is not easy for them, But as i stated above this rule needs to be changed, as Any actions you take on the server represent not only yourself as a person but the AFP aswell. 

1 person likes this

simply put, no it doesn't need to be changed. If we did then what else would we have to do? take every action on civ and take it over to cop? for example if i was to go on civ and break into an art gal, kill 5 officers and get away does that then mean 20 minutes later if i log on cop i can be arrested? The answer is no, because civ and cop are two completely different lives in the eyes of the server and as such we should not be liable for any action we do on civ when we become police.

I think he's referring to rule breaks and stupid behaviour. Obviously your not going to get in trouble for breaking into a art gal and killing 5 cops... unless you didn't declare lol.

3 people like this

You completely missed the entire meaning of this post

2 hours ago, Jarvis said:

simply put, no it doesn't need to be changed. If we did then what else would we have to do? take every action on civ and take it over to cop? for example if i was to go on civ and break into an art gal, kill 5 officers and get away does that then mean 20 minutes later if i log on cop i can be arrested? The answer is no, because civ and cop are two completely different lives in the eyes of the server and as such we should not be liable for any action we do on civ when we become police.

2 hours ago, -Sebastian- said:

I think he's referring to rule breaks and stupid behaviour. Obviously your not going to get in trouble for breaking into a art gal and killing 5 cops... unless you didn't declare lol.

in which case they will be dealt with by Helpdesk and punished accordingly, internal affairs is for one thing. Cop issues, something that happens on civ is not viable to go through IA, besides if someone does something warranting a ban/warn tags the person cannot put in a promotion application until the warn tags are removed.

38 minutes ago, Woody said:

You completely missed the entire meaning of this post

maybe the meaning wasnt put across properly, when you say "While Cops are playing as Civ they are not liable to being Punished by the IA department for any ill-doing." you may want to say what ill doing you are on about or the idea you are trying to put across can be misconstrued.

I agree and disagree. It is a complicated topic. I have a different name for my cop and civ for a reason. I play them as if i were 2 separate people. I am not the face of the afp as my civ. That said i agree with the fact that alot of cops i have seen on civ seem to break rules they shouldnt and not sure if this should be an IA issue or admin issue. Last night a cop playing as civ was in a gunfight lost his friend to the shootout then proceeded to evade and run to the airport garage and grab a car to continue his evasion. Complete breaking of the rules but dont think it is an IA issue moreso a 2hr ban or something for rule breaking.

1 person likes this

I disagree with this because it is not the IA's Job to monitor what you do on CIV obviously there are some examples where it is for example when I heard shots fired in PD and went over to help and then incorrectly worded a few of my sentences and ended up getting demoted because I was technically being a police officer on civ which isn't good. But if as Seb said if I rdmed someone and stuff like that on civ I don't see how it is IA's issue. as I previously stated though there are some situations which whilst you're on Civ IA will have consequences for your actions as they directly impact the police department. But if what happened had nothing to do with the police then why should IA be given more work to do makes absolutely no sense to me they are already swamped with complaints and don't have time to deal with issues that have nothing to do with the police department.

I see where you are coming from woody, but IA is there for sorting out issues when players are Cop's, as they are directly reflecting the Cop force on the server, if a players goes on civ and breaks rules/ is behaving in a poor way, that's an Admin issue and have nothing to do with the Cop force. In saying this, if a player is playing on civ (and is a Cop) and is playing poorly (get evidence so if required you can back up your words with facts) then i feel you can 100% use that (in a constructive way) on any promotion apps that player has in, as what you do on civ, does reflect what people think of you as a Cop. 

My 2 Cents

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Shibby said:

I see where you are coming from woody, but IA is there for sorting out issues when players are Cop's, as they are directly reflecting the Cop force on the server, if a players goes on civ and breaks rules/ is behaving in a poor way, that's an Admin issue and have nothing to do with the Cop force. In saying this, if a player is playing on civ (and is a Cop) and is playing poorly (get evidence so if required you can back up your words with facts) then i feel you can 100% use that (in a constructive way) on any promotion apps that player has in, as what you do on civ, does reflect what people think of you as a Cop. 

My 2 Cents

I would agree. Your promoting the Player not the Officer portrayed. If they go Civ, cut loose, then thats them playing, not a seperate person behind the Keyboard. Noone is saying you cant kill people, or do Art Gall's, or shoot at Cops. But then if your trolling, or get a ban, or be abusive, well I agree with Shibby, that needs to stick to you when you try to go higher in Cop. 

Sorry, I have just seen this post some times IA can be punishing take yesterday i started at 9am working IA solo didn't stop till 8pm where we had a cop meeting then wrapped up IA after. Let me just say that IA is there for cop issues for example: the breaking of sops, cops trolling or selling cop weapons to civs that sort of thing. When a cop is a civ they fall under the distraction of help desk and the admins that run it. Shibby hit the nail on the head with his post above. If you wish to talk with IA further about this issue please come give me a poke or if I'm in game send me a message I'll be happy to address any thoughts or questions you might have.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead